I included the glossary to the pages to the right because they may not make it into the 2nd edition. I included them in the 1st edition because many readers of suspense are not avid SciFi readers and need an orientation to the anomalies of FTL travel and interstellar time.
Saturday, March 25, 2017
I thought I'd offer these in case they are removed in the 2nd Edition. These are typical for any nerd who visits a space station's Blue-Zone bars (or Chicago's Rush Street) after a long tour of duty. If I remember correctly, Stage 8 follows Stage 7 within a few nano-seconds.
- uncomfortably shy and distant;
- polite or coy;
- friendly and engaging conversation;
- double entendre, puns, and sexual innuendo;
- loud and bawdy;
- out of control, partial undress, drinking with your worst enemy;
- looking for trouble;
- finding trouble, confrontation/altercation; for large parties, rioting;
- nursing wounds; and
- Soberall(TM), sleep, or rehab.
- (c) 2015 B. R. Strong, Jr.